Two Wisconsin men and one Missouri man were sentenced Tuesday for their role in a six-person child pornography ring that also involved a Lincolnton man, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office in the Western District of North Carolina said.
A federal judge sentenced Daniel Slott, 44, of Merrill, Wis., to 19 years behind bars and his counterparts, Brian Slott, 42, also of Merrill, Wis., and Henry Wright, 50, of Jefferson County, Mo., to at least 15 years and five years in prison, according to a department press release issued on Tuesday.
Both Daniel and Brian Slott will undergo a lifetime of supervised release upon exiting federal prison while Wright will undergo 10 years of supervised release.
A grand jury indicted all six men involved in the Internet porn ring in November 2010, the release said. All six men later pled guilty in the case.
Earlier this year, a federal judge sentenced three of the co-conspirators including David Large, 50, of Salem, Ore., who received more than five years in prison, Michael Engelking, 37, of Alexandria, Va., who received more than 17 years behind bars, and 40-year-old former Lincolnton business owner James Paul Byrd, who received a more than six-year sentence, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office said.
From January to April 2010, Byrd managed the Facebook pages “girls, girls, girls” and “little girls like to play, too,” which together, contained more than 10,000 images of young girls and other child erotica, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office said. Other men involved in the ring created social media pages under the names “Buffy Tanner” and “Katy Cat,” according to a previous Times-News article.
Court documents revealed Wright and Byrd often chatted and commented on images of prepubescent girls on the pages, the release said. In addition, the Slott brothers each downloaded photos to the social media sites.
Federal officials seized technology from Byrd’s home that contained images of children being raped, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said. Officials also seized various computers and other hardware showing child pornography from each of the other men’s homes.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office would not release additional information on the victimized children, including their general location, in order to avoid identifying them. However, they did not rule out the possibility that some of the children could be local.
All six men must register as sex offenders upon their release. Daniel Slott is already a registered offender, the U.S. District Attorney’s Office said.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Violent Crimes Against Children Unit, located in Maryland, headed the investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Cortney S. Escaravage of the Western District of North Carolina and Trial Attorney LisaMarie Freitas of the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section prosecuted the case.
Nationwide initiative, Project Safe Childhood, established by the DOJ in 2006, assisted with the case.