Home » Breaking News » House Fire

House Fire

JENNA-LEY HARRISON
Staff Writer

A western Lincoln County home suffered significant damage Thursday following an early morning house fire.

Firefighters with Howards Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded first to the scene, located at 1046 West N.C. 27 in Crouse, according to Asst. Chief Mike Huss.

Not only did crews witness heavy smoke conditions in the area but also flames lighting up the top of the two-story, vinyl home, Huss said.

Crews with Lincolnton and Crouse Fire Departments responded with mutual aid.

Lincoln County Emergency Medical Services also arrived at the property for potential injuries, however, none were reported, Huss said.

The one male resident who was inside the home at the time of the incident had already fled the burning residence when firefighters rushed in.

Crews were forced to tear out the home’s living room and upper bedroom in order to get the fire, located mainly in the attic, Huss said.

The incident originated in the chimney, stemming from a fire that the resident had going in the fireplace, fire officials said.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the flames ventured from the chimney to the attic by way of a wall.

Firefighters battled the blaze from 2:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Huss said.

 

 

 

You must be logged in to post a comment Login