A grease fire destroyed a mobile home Sunday afternoon on the county’s eastern end, fire officials said.
Denver Fire Department responded to the blaze just after 3 p.m. on Pine Ridge Drive in Denver, Public Information Officer Dion Burleson told the Times-News on Monday.
Crews with Pumpkin Center and East Lincoln Fire Departments also aided the fiery scene.
Burleson said the fire commenced in the home’s kitchen after a homeowner attempted to move a pan with hot grease off the stove, sloshing some of it on a hot burner. The incident caught the cabinets and other parts of the kitchen on fire.
Firefighters squelched the flames within minutes of arrival, the department said.
The Lincoln County Fire Marshal’s Office has deemed the home unlivable.
The incident displaced two residents, whom the American Red Cross is currently caring for, firefighters said.
No one was injured in the blaze.
Anyone who would like to assist the family can contact the Denver Fire Department at (704) 483-5115 and select option five.
A family of eight also found themselves homeless earlier this month after a blaze consumed their brick home Thursday on the county’s southeastern end.