Home » Local News » Top Stories » 2nd autopsy report: Husband also died of beating or head trauma

2nd autopsy report: Husband also died of beating or head trauma

Staff Writer

 Michael Paul Vincent died from a “homicidal beating” or blunt head trauma, autopsy reports obtained by the Times-News this week reveal for the first time.

The 58-year-old Lincolnton man’s body was found in July alongside that of his wife Bonnie Sue Vincent, 53. A previously released report on her autopsy indicated she died from similar injuries.

Both bodies were already decomposing when police examined them inside their Broome Street residence the end of July. A family friend located the victims in their living room after going inside the unlocked residence to check on them. Another friend called police.

According the state Chief Medical Examiner’s report, additional wounds on Michael Vincent’s body included a head contusion, or bruise, and eight lacerations to the scalp along with “depressed skull fractures” and forearm/hand lacerations, clear evidence of a struggle, the report said.

Bonnie Vincent also apparently struggled with her killer, receiving a laceration on her forearm.

Medical examiners located at least 10 deep cuts on her scalp, describing some on the report as “slit-like” and “vaguely resembling stab wounds.”

She additionally suffered contusions to her back and a couple rib fractures.

William Lester Fair, 43, of Cloverleaf Lane in Lincolnton, has been charged with their murder and remains in the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center without bond.

Fair’s friends and family members have publicly doubted his involvement, questioning whether he would have been capable of such a violent act.

Citing concerns about pre-trial publicity, police have remained tight-lipped about the incident and have not revealed further details about Fair’s suspected motive the weapon used in the double homicide.

Police have said that they believe Fair acted alone and knew the victims.

Police have also previously declined to discuss the victims’ cause of death. The Times-News obtained access to the reports from the July 27 autopsies through a public records request.


You must be logged in to post a comment Login