Criminal Charges — 5-21-12
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
- Thomas James Simmons Jr., 21, of 3949 Biggerstaff Rd. in Maiden was charged May 17 with one count each of communicating threats, simple assault and battery or affray, assault inflicting serious injury or assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property. A $5,000 secured bond was set.
- Earl Gary Brooks, 56, of 111 Hubbard St. in Lincolnton was charged May 17 with one count of felony larceny and obtaining property by false pretenses. An $8,000 secured bond was set.
- Steve Castillo Jr., 32, of 706 Clarks Creek Rd. in Lincolnton was charged May 17 with three counts of second-degree rape. A $40,000 unsecured bond was set.
- Michael Isaiah Waters, 26, of 138 Newman Ln. in Iron Station was charged May 17 with one count of assault by strangulation. He is being held without bond.
- Wesley Andrew South, 24, of 557 Osprey Creek Cir. in Lincolnton was charged May 17 with one count of assault on a female. A $1,000 bond was set.