Home » Local News » Top Stories » Fire leaves family without a home

Fire leaves family without a home

The remains of a home at 2164 Overhill Lane in western Lincoln County show signs of the fire that deprived a local family of five of a place to live.

JENNA-LEY HARRISON
Staff Writer

A Lincoln County family of five is without a home after a fire destroyed their residence Tuesday night in the northwestern part of the county.
Authorities said the incident occurred just before 10 p.m. at 2164 Overhill Lane in the Howards Creek area.
Fire sparked from an electrical outlet in one of the home’s bedrooms, according to Fire Lt. Chuck Schultz with the Union Fire Department.
Schultz said a neighbor spotted flames at the home, which he described as “stick-built” with vinyl siding, and helped evacuate the family from the residence.
The house was around 25 percent burned when fire crews arrived on scene, with heavy smoke and fire showing from the roof area, firefighters said.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
According to American Red Cross officials, the family, which consists of four adults and one child, has been given food, clothing and shelter for the time being.
Departments from Lincolnton and North 321 provided mutual aid Tuesday.
The home has been deemed a total loss by Licnoln County fire officials.

Image courtesy of Ray Gora / LTN

You must be logged in to post a comment Login