Home » Local News » Top Stories » No charges in death of man struck by car

No charges in death of man struck by car

JENNA-LEY HARRISON, STAFF WRITER

 

Authorities have decided not to press charges in a fatal incident last week in which a man was struck by a vehicle on a Cherryville roadway.

John Nelson Borders, 53, of Shelby, was traveling down North Drive in Cherryville when authorities said a man stepped out into his lane of travel.

According to various local media outlets, the victim, 59-year-old Robert Douglas Kaylor, had been wearing headphones at the time of the incident.

The collision’s impact immediately killed Kaylor, authorities said.

Cherryville Police Lt. Mike Allred, Sr., told the Times-News Tuesday afternoon that authorities conferred with the District Attorney’s Office earlier this week and decided not to charge Borders.

Borders was not injured in the incident but was taken to an area hospital after emergency medical officials recognized that he was “visibly upset.”

Cherryville Police assisted the North Carolina State Highway Patrol in investigating the deadly incident.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login