Home » Local News » Beaver family loses long-time home to fire

Beaver family loses long-time home to fire

A Bynum Road family is still reeling from the lost of their home Friday evening.
J.C. and Peggy Beaver are thankful for the help they have received since fire destroyed the home they had lived in for the past 26 years.
They are living with friends, who opened their basement to the family.
“They lost everything except what they had on,” said their granddaughter, Christina Randolph of Denver.
The family expressed thanks to so many people who helped the family after the fire.
No one was home at the time of the blaze.
The Community Cafe on Highway 155 has been generously offering donations for the family from their customers, she said.
J.C. Beaver said he only had about $25,000 worth of insurance on the home, valued at $90,000 or more.
The Red Cross has been very helpful, particularly by making sure J.C. Beaver could get needed medication.
Fire Marshall Mike Futrell said “it was one of the worse fires we’ve had in awhile.”
The call came in around 6:30 p.m. Friday evening, with units from Lincolnton and South Fork responding.
The fire was roaring through the attic when firefighters arrived. Because there were mounds of flea market items inside, firemen had to “dig out” materials to extinguish the blaze, Futrell said.
He said two firemen suffered from heat exhaustion and one from smoke inhalation.
Futrell said firemen were on the scene for five hours and had to call in help from North 321 and Boger City departments.
Beaver expressed his concerns about missing firearms in the home, but Futrell said all of the guns retrieved from the home were turned over to law enforcement officers who returned them to Beaver.
The cause of the fire appeared to be from electrical wiring above the bathroom.
—————
Anyone interested in assisting the family can call Christina Randolph at 704-791-4832.
by Al Dozier

You must be logged in to post a comment Login